Major differences between PGDM and MBA are as follows:
- PGDM is highly multidisciplinary.
- Its adaptive and flexible.
- Opportunities and scopes are much wider.
- PGDM goes beyond imparting knowledge, tools & techniques.
- Can do further studies and sit for government exams.
Where as MBA IS:
- Theory driven, lectures and black board approach.
- Non-flexible in terms syllabus cannot be adapted according to current scenario.
- Critical case-let discussions are missing.
- Guest lectures from industries are very few.
- Industry visits are minimum.
RESULT – SUBSTANTIAL KNOWLEDGE GAP BETWEEN INDUSTRY REQUIREMENT & STUDENT’S LEVEL OF AWARENESS.